Find the best family restaurants in Maggie Valley, NC, using our helpful guide. We’ve included a range of dining options, from Italian to diner-style burgers, steakhouse cuisine and Southern comfort food.
Family Friendly Restaurants in Maggie Valley, NC
- Frankie’s Italian Trattoria – Located at 1037 Soco Road in Maggie Valley, this Italian restaurant is open from 11:30am to 9:00pm, Monday through Thursday, and is closed on Sundays. On Friday and Saturday, they’re open until 10pm. Continuing a family tradition of distinguished Italian restaurants in the United States, Frankie’s offers authentic Italian dishes, including their famous pizza and cheesecake. Reservations are recommended as this restaurant is quite popular at dinner during tourist season.
- Butts on the Creek BBQ – From St. Louis-style ribs to fried corn-on-the-cob, this restaurant delivers a great meal for the whole family to enjoy. This casual restaurant is open seasonally, beginning usually on Mother’s Day and closing over the winter. They also offer “family picnic” style meals that include ribs by the rack, sliced beef brisket, sauce and sweet tea.
- The Moonshine Grille – Specializing in wood-fired Angus steaks and fresh seafood, this comfort eatery is located at 2550 Soco Road in Maggie Valley, NC.
- Snappy’s Italian – Savor classic Italian dishes at Snappy’s, 2769 Soco Road in Maggie Valley. In business since 1989, Snappy’s Italian Restaurant offers a full menu with your favorite pizza and entrees, from subs to pasta dishes, Chicken Marsala, Seafood Fettuccini, Wild Atlantic Grilled Salmon and much more. They also have a kid’s menu.
- J. Arthur’s – Featuring family-friendly American steakhouse dining, J. Arthur’s is situated at 2843 Soco Road. Try the prime rib, the hamburger steak or the Pecan-Crusted chicken.
- Maggie Valley Restaurant – Owned and operated by the Carver family, Maggie Valley Restaurant features Southern favorites, with a full menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a children’s menu. Celebrated for their “big country breakfast,” this family restaurant serves up Southern comfort foods like sausage, bacon and ham, red-eye gravy, biscuits, grits, eggs and omelets – and that’s just a sampling of the breakfast menu. Find them at 2804 Soco Road in Maggie Valley.
- Country Vittles Restaurant & Gift Shop – With an all-you-can-eat, down-home style breakfast buffet, full lunch and dinner menus, this restaurant blends in with its rustic mountain environment and friendly Appalachian culture. If you want to be greeted at the door with a smile and treated to a bountiful, affordable Southern meal and delicious desserts, check them out at 3589 Soco Road. They’re closed on Tuesdays, but open from 7am to 8pm the rest of the week.
- Joey’s Pancake House – Situated at 4309 Soco Road, Maggie Valley, NC, Joey’s is an American family style restaurant, sure to please every member of your group.
- Brickhouse Burgers & Pizza – As the name implies, this is a nice place to get tasty pizza and burgers for the family while you’re in Maggie Valley, NC. The hot wings and homemade mac-n-cheese are delicious, but online reviews give their burgers the highest marks. Find this restaurant at 3914 Soco Road.
Pet Friendly Restaurants in Maggie Valley, NC
Maggie Valley has a few restaurants that are not just family friendly, but also pet friendly with outdoor dining for patrons and their furry family members.
- Rendezvous Restaurant – A casual American eatery with menu items from sandwiches and burgers, to pizza, pasta, barbecue and steak, this restaurant is located at 70 Soco Road in Maggie Valley.
- Organic Beans Coffee Company – This is a coffee shop at 3680 Soco Road in Maggie Valley, with outdoor seating for families with pets. Enjoy the free Wi-Fi, specialty coffee and baked goods.
Where to Stay Near Great Restaurants in Maggie Valley, NC
Meadowlark Motel is located on Soco Road, right in the heart of Maggie Valley, and within walking distance to most of the restaurants in our guide, as well as local attractions like the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds. The property features an assortment of spacious accommodations, from guestrooms to a cottage or cabin. Overlooking Jonathan Creek, Meadowlark Motel offers an outdoor pavilion and recreation area with grills and outdoor furniture. Roast hotdogs and marshmallows outdoors. Go fishing or have family fun on Jonathan Creek. Enjoy the seasonal outdoor pool, complimentary breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and more. It’s perfect for families, couples, groups or even for singles. This family-owned and operated motel is also pet-friendly. Take advantage of Meadowlark’s unique guest services, including wine and beer tastings, in-room spa services, a community garden and Saturday night cookouts.