Amenities are the extra things a motel provides in addition to renting a stay in the room or accommodation. Dictionary.com defines amenity as “any feature that provides comfort, convenience or pleasure.” These features will add great value to your motel experience.
Popular Amenities at Motels in North Carolina
Basic amenities are expected in these modern times. Most motels of course will provide a decent bathroom, towels, soap and shampoo. You’ll find a bed with linens and pillows. But the best motels go out of their way to provide for your comfort, convenience and pleasure. Every motel stay should also include these five amenities for the modern traveler:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi – Everyone uses Wi-Fi in today’s world. From a smartphone to a laptop, the modern traveler expects and demands at least Wi-Fi access in their accommodation. The best motels in North Carolina will offer Wi-Fi complimentary to their guests within the accommodation, or throughout the property in all public areas.
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast – Who doesn’t want a free breakfast before they head out to explore or conduct business? Many motels do not offer complimentary breakfast – a savvy traveler will find one that does.
- A swimming pool – Swimming pools are nice, especially in summer. After a long day of vacationing, the kids especially like to have something to do when they get back to the motel. Rather than staying cooped up in the room, they can go out for a swim. Not all motels in North Carolina offer a swimming pool as part of their motel experience, but there are many that do. It won’t increase the price of your stay, but it does add to your overall pleasure.
- A recreation area – This is a huge plus for families. A recreation area is perfect for relaxing, reading a good book, or cooking out on grills. The experience of togetherness adds to your bonding time, but also saves money on restaurant bills.
- A kitchenette – Kitchenettes are convenient and quite a few motels in North Carolina do offer them. A kitchenette would include such items as a mini refrigerator or full refrigerator and a microwave. These are great for quick meals for families or people on the go. It’s refreshing to have a cold drink or fix a late-night snack if you want to.
Many motels in North Carolina offer quite a few more amenities beyond these must-haves, including special guest services, scenic views, full kitchens, fireplaces, jetted tubs and more. Settling for a motel without these amenities would be denying yourself the comfort, convenience and pleasure they will provide. It’s simple to just check the website of the lodging you’re considering to see what amenities and services they offer. You deserve the best your money can buy – also it just makes good financial sense.
Motels in North Carolina
In the Western part of the state, you’ll encounter a great variety of motels. Most of the chain motels, you’ll recognize right away. They are always the same and offer value in that familiarity and trustworthiness. There are also shady motels (often beside the local truck stop) – you might not want to stay at those unless it’s absolutely mandatory. There could be a truckload of cows mooing all night in the parking lot with college kids next door having an all-night party.
Some select motels offer a more unusual, unique experience than chain motels. These include the family-owned motels like Meadowlark Motel and those that offer extraordinary amenities or guest services. You will find these jewels only rarely and they are well worth the extra effort to search out.
Stay in Maggie Valley
Nestled along the banks of a scenic, rushing mountain creek at 3878 Soco Road in Maggie Valley, Meadowlark Motel has been in business over 70 years. It is a legendary motel is perfectly positioned right beside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Meadowlark is minutes from Cataloochee Ski Area, Ghost Town Theme Park and the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds (setting for the Hillbilly Jam, bike rallies and many other special events). It’s just a short drive from Harrah’s Casino. You can walk to nearby restaurants.
Meadowlark Motel offers spacious accommodations, from guestrooms to a cottage or a Creekside cabin. It’s one of the unique, rare motels mentioned above with the rustic flavor of the Blue Ridge Mountains but big-city amenities. Enjoy the large outdoor pavilion with a fully equipped kitchen for group events, relax in the Creekside recreation area with grills and outdoor furniture.
They offer complimentary Continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and a seasonal outdoor pool. But perhaps the best thing Meadowlark Motel offers which you will be hard-pressed to find anywhere else at a motel in North Carolina are its unique guest services. These include:
- Wine and craft beer tastings
- Live musical performances on-site by local musicians
- Private in-room spa services
- Friday family nights
- Free Saturday night cookouts
Review their current deals and packages and start planning your stay today.