There are many good Maggie Valley restaurants, but sometimes you want to dine at a place that offers a casual, friendly atmosphere and down-home style cooking. These local family restaurants fit that tall order. From sweet tea to fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, our favorite Maggie Valley restaurants will have you clamoring for more of their down-home style goodness. Most are located on Soco Road, which is the main road that runs through the center of Maggie Valley. Maggie Valley is a part of the greater Haywood County, known as the Gateway to the Smokies. It’s right in the center of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, one of the most visited and beloved parks in the national park system.
Maggie Valley Restaurants for the Whole Family to Enjoy
- Country Vittles – Situated at 3589 Soco Road in Maggie Valley, Country Vittles is an affordable family style restaurant that is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch. Sample the blueberry pancakes – a local favorite. Try the “all you can eat” family meals with Fried Chicken, Country Fried Steak, a myriad of vegetables, corn bread and biscuits. Entrees include: Pork Tenderloin, Rib Eye Steak, Catfish, Grilled Chicken Breast, Pulled Pork, and more.
- Pop’s Grits and Eggs – Located at 3253 Soco Road, Maggie Valley, NC, Pop’s is open for breakfast, brunch and lunch. Local favorites include the Corned Beef Hash, Home Fries, Pancakes, Waffles, Grits and Eggs – cooked any way you like them.
- The Maggie Valley Restaurant – Set at 2804 Soco Road, this restaurant serves “favorite Southern dishes” for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy menu items such as Carolina Trout, Fried Chicken, Pork Chops, Hamburger Steak, Beef Liver and Onions, Fish and Chips, Fried Shrimp and Country Ham. Southern specialties include Cubed Steak with Brown Gravy, Turkey with Cornbread Dressing and Cranberry Sauce, Chicken and Dumplings and more.
- J. Arthur’s Restaurant – This family steakhouse restaurant is located at 2843 Soco Road in Maggie Valley. Enjoy local cuisine and steakhouse dining, with menu items such as seafood, steak, Homemade French Onion Soup and Prime Rib. It’s a little on the upscale side with menu prices ranging from $11 – $30 USD.
- Butts on the Creek – Overlooking Jonathan Creek at 1584 Soco Road, this Maggie Valley restaurant specializes in American Barbecue. Beef Brisket and Catfish are two of their most popular entrees, while the Fried Corn, Blackberry Cobbler and Squash Casserole have their fans as well.
- Mountaineer Restaurant – Perched at 6940 Soco Road in Maggie Valley, the Mountaineer Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Enjoy a big country breakfast with pancakes, eggs, hash rounds, ham and bacon. Dinner items include Prime Rib, Rainbow Trout and Grandma’s Meatloaf, among many other specialties. Try the Deep South Homestyle Pecan Pie or Kickin’ Key Lime Pie for dessert. This is an affordable family style restaurant with a major plus – gorgeous mountain views.
- Smoky Shadows Lodge – Located on Fie Top Road in Maggie Valley, this down-home restaurant is within an authentic historic mountain lodge. It offers American cuisine for dinner only, served family style. Specializing in cooked from scratch foods and the fresh ingredients, Chef Ginger whips up such dishes as her famous Tomato Pie and Pot Roast. Reservations are recommended.
A Great Place to Stay Near Our Maggie Valley Restaurants
Situated at 3878 Soco Road, Meadowlark Motel is within walking distance to most of the restaurants listed in this article. You could drive to them in minutes. Meadowlark Motel is a family owned and operated motel – perfect for families, groups or even singles. Meadowlark offers spacious accommodations, from guestrooms to a cottage or cabin overlooking Jonathan Creek. Many accommodations boast jetted tubs, microwaves and refrigerators. Bring Fido along because he will be welcome at this pet-friendly scenic mountain Creekside lodging. Meadowlark is just minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Enjoy their outdoor pavilion with a fully equipped kitchen for group events, as well as the Creekside recreation area with grills and outdoor furniture. The motel offers complimentary Continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and an array of guest services, such as wine and craft beer tastings, in-room spa services, Friday family nights and Saturday night cookouts. Check out their current deals and packages.