Use our information on local attractions, affordable motels and hotels near Maggie Valley, NC, to plan your best North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountain getaway ever. Maggie Valley is located in Haywood County, home to part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Pisgah National Forest and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
The Best Motels & Hotels Near Maggie Valley, NC
Meadowlark Motel in Maggie Valley, NC – Located on Soco Road in the heart of Maggie Valley, Meadowlark Motel offers 34 affordable, newly renovated rooms and cabins on scenic Jonathan Creek. The property offers complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary continental breakfast, and a full slate of exciting guest services. Meadowlark Motel features an outdoor seasonal pool, a large pavilion and a recreation area with firepits and games overlooking the creek. Enjoy special activities nearly every day of the week at Meadowlark, from its “Wine Down Wednesday” wine tastings, to its Craft Beer tastings on Thursday, family nights by the campfire on Friday and a complimentary family cookout on Saturday nights. On Sundays, you’ll be treated to free musical concerts by local musicians and/or visits by local artists. You’ll be glad to learn that Meadowlark Motel is one of only a handful of travel businesses in the area to win the coveted Three Dogwood Award from the NC Green Travel Initiative for sustainable business practices. Also, please bring Fido along, because this motel is pet-friendly and will even give you free dog treats upon check-in.
Biltmore Estate – Located about a 30-mile drive from Maggie Valley, discover Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. This grand, lavish estate offers guided tours and special activities throughout the year. There are three hotels on the property. Two are luxury high-end properties and one is considered moderate. The Village Hotel on Biltmore Estate is located next to the estate’s winery. In addition to the winery, the mansion itself and numerous gorgeous themed gardens, Biltmore Estate offers 80 miles of guided horse trails.
Motels & Hotels Near Maggie Valley, NC, Attractions
The top Maggie Valley attractions include:
- Cataloochee Ski Resort – Boasting the longest ski season in the eastern United States, Cataloochee Ski Area features slopes and runs for both skiers and snowboarders. They also offer classes, a retail shop, equipment rentals, and more. There’s always snow on this mountain – the Cataloochee Resort owns its own snowmaking equipment.
- Elk viewing in Cataloochee Valley – Take a drive out to Cataloochee Valley to watch the magnificent elk grazing in the valley.
- Ghost Park in the Sky amusement park – One of Western North Carolina’s top attractions and located in the heart of Maggie Valley, Ghost Park in the Sky theme park was a major attraction in the 80s. As time went on and the property exchanged ownership several times, the property closed. Now under new ownership and after extensive updating, Ghost Town in the Sky theme park is scheduled to open for business again in Spring of 2019. The park is a hoot for the whole family, with a recreated Old Western town, shootouts at high noon in front of the saloon, dancers, live music, rides, games, carnival food and much more.
- Wheels Through Time Museum – See motorcycles of various vintage in this one-of-a-kind museum located in Maggie Valley.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Stay at a hotel near Maggie Valley, NC, and one of America’s most beloved parks will be at your doorstep. The park offers tremendous opportunities for hiking, biking, camping, exploring, authentic Appalachian culture, fishing, waterfall gazing and so much more.
- Blue Ridge Parkway – The Blue Ridge Parkway is called America’s most scenic drive for a reason. You’ll see magnificent scenery from start to finish on this parkway.
- Maggie Valley Festival Grounds – Located on Soco Road, the festival grounds are the setting for such varied entertainment as bike rallies, mountain music jams, fairs and craft shows. Check the schedule for upcoming events.
Whether you stay in a motel or hotel near Maggie Valley, NC, or at a campground in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, we know you’ll enjoy your Maggie Valley vacation. It’s the most beautiful area in the Smokies!