Wildsam Field Guides: Great Smoky Mountains guide will give visitors new and deeper ways of seeing the country’s most-visited national park.
Wildsam Field Guides Great Smoky Mountains
By Taylor Elliott Bruce
5 in stock
5 in stock
In this fresh look at America’s most visited national park there’s plenty to discover.
- Our essential list of Smokies books, music and artists
- Southern Appalachian dishes of note
- Highlights from the park’s diverse flora and fauna
- Local Cherokee stories, past and present
- Itineraries, trail recs and side trips
- Viewing tips for wildlife from fireflies and butterflies to elk and bears
- Interviews with park rangers, trolley drivers and thru-hikers
|Dimensions||10.6 × 16.5 cm|
Taylor Elliott Bruce
Taylor Bruce is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Wildsam Field Guides. He grew up on his family farm on the border of Georgia and Alabama. Taylor studied writing at Vanderbilt University, and, after, wrote freelance for magazines such as Men’s Journal, Oxford American and National Geographic Adventure, among others. He took a full-time writer’s post at Southern Living in 2007. After moving to New York and pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing at Brooklyn College, Taylor launched Wildsam out of his 500-square foot apartment in 2012. The original Nashville guide caught the attention of national media and thoughtful travelers alike, and in 2015, National Geographic awarded Wildsam the “Traveler 50” award. Taylor lives in Austin, Texas, with his wife, Robin, and two sons, Booker and Truett.
National Parks SeriesTerritory
Black & White
|On Sale Date||
6.5 in H, 4.2 in W, 0.5 in T, 0.02 lb Wt